How to ruin good television shows

When I try to drag conversations beyond a certain point, my mother has always reminds me in Bengali that if you squeeze a lemon too much, it turns bitter.

This is a fact of life. All things must pass as the great George Harrison once said.

However, this basic tenet of life is oftentimes forgotten by filmmakers and especially TV series makers.

Not everything that is created becomes popular and very few become sensations. So I get the desire to cash in as much as possible on something which the public already loves. However, in my limited exposure to TV series and shows, it seems to me that in that desire to milk the cash cow, they make the cow ill many times.

I loved Sherlock till season 2 and after that they ruined it. It just became shit on season 3. From the suspenseful brilliance of the first two seasons, the third season became just comic bullshit.

I have not seen the later seasons of House of Cards but what I have heard is not encouraging.

There are many such cases, I am sure you have similar experiences.

What prompted me to write this article is the utter deterioration of quality in Stranger Things 3. We waited for it for a year and what they give us is complete crack. I am on the last episode, hope it proves to be the saving grace but I am not very hopeful.

And I will not even talk about what they did with Game of Thrones.

No comments:

Post a Comment